Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Rest In Peace Chairman

Last January 1, 2017, the Chairman of our Company passed away at the age of 81 due to heart attack. It was a sudden news. Nakakabigla at nakakalungkot. When I first heard the news, the first thing that comes from my mind was the last encounter that I had with him. When he learned that our Department is planning to have a mini-Christmas party, he offered to give us lechon. He was still so lively that time. Nakikipagbiruan pa siya sa amin noon.


For my first two years in the Company, wala ako masyadong encounter with him. It was just started last 2013 when he decided to have a daily mass for the successful drilling project of our company. I was just a simple attendee of the mass that time until one of my colleague asked me if I want to be a commentator for the mass. Of course, who am I to defy that kind of service. Inisip ko that time, it was not my colleague that was asking me but instead it was Gods calling for me. So kahit medyo kinakabahan ay tinanggap ko ang pagiging commentator. I thought it was only for a day. But the day becomes weeks, months and years. Last year was my third year to be a commentator for the mass.


Until we learned about the sudden death of our dear Chairman.

Honestly, I was affected. Because for the past years that I became commentator masasabi ko na may encounter na akong matatawag with him. The one in charge for our daily mass said that we will continue to have a mass this year until mailibing si Chairman. Since the mass started yesterday I always feel like crying pero pinipigilan ko ang sarili ko because I am the commentator for the mass. And this day homily of Father John Buban really struck me.


Part of his homily said that no love and friendship crossed our path without affecting or changed our lives. Even a stranger kaya tayong baguhin. Father John told us that maybe not everyone but there are people who’s lives change because of Chairman. Isa na dun ang daily mass na sinimulan niya. I can honestly say that I am one of those people whose lives change. Dati rati ay hindi ako nagsisimba madalas o umaattend ng misa. Ni hindi ko nga halos kabisado ang flow ng mass not until I become a commentator. Dahil sa ginawa niyang daily mass ay pakiramdam ko mas napalapit ako kay God. My faith in Him become strong. Dahil din sa pagiging commentator ko ay marami akong nakilala na Priest na sa tanang buhay ko ay hindi ko lubos na maisip na mangyayari. Mas naging confident din ako na humarap sa mga tao dahil sa pagiging commentator ko. It became one of my comfort zone. It became my daily routine in life.


Naaalala ko pa na everytime na makikita ako ni Chairman palaging sinasabi niya sakin “Oh hija, kumusta ka?” at kapag matatapos naman ang misa hindi niya nakakalimutang magpagsabi na “Salamat sa inyo ah”. Hindi man siya gusto ng ilan para sa akin ay okay siya. Besides, you can’t please everybody. But for me, I will always be grateful to him. At nagpapasalamat ako sa kanya dahil naging kasangkapan siya upang mabago ang takbo ng buhay ko.


May you rest in peace Chairman. Thank you for being part of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment