Thursday, May 24, 2018

Akatsuki No Yona





Set in a fictional place that draws inspiration from a mixture of Japanese, Korean and Chinese cultures, the story follows the redemption of Yona, the sole princess to the Kingdom of Kouka. Yona lives the carefree life of a princess in Hiryuu Castle, being sheltered by her pacifistic father, King Il, and protected by her bodyguard and childhood friend Son Hak. During a party being held for her sixteenth birthday, her other childhood friend and love interest Soo-Won comes to pay tribute to her. Intending to tell her father that she cannot forget her love for Soo-Won, she visits King Il's chambers and witnesses him being killed by Soo-Won, who reveals that he will now properly rule Kouka. Hak intervenes and saves Yona, and they escape from the castle to Hak's birthplace, the Village of Wind. Under the suggestion of Hak's grandfather Son Mundok, Yona and Hak search for an oracle named Ik-Soo, who then tells them the legend of the first king of Kouka, Hiryuu, and the Four Dragon Warriors who unified the kingdom. Yona and Hak, joined by Ik-Soo's assistant Yoon, begin a journey to find the descendants of the legendary Four Dragon Warriors in order to survive and save the Kingdom of Kouka.








I might be the ugly duckling of the group, but I'll make sure that I'll protect all of you with all my might. - Zeno







Having my fate decided for me from the time I was born goes against my view of beauty. - Jae-ha






I know that I have no strengths to offer. It irritates me how weak I am. But let me protect them! - Yona






No matter how foolish or incomprehensible, some love cannot be discarded. You may try to stop your heart, unable to forgive yourself, but there will be times when you lose hope and your heart is moved again. - Ik-Su to Yona






People are mirrors. If you smile, a smile will be reflected. - Zeno







I always wanted to become stronger. At first it was to protect myself. Next, it was to protect Hak, who gave up everything for me. Now, it's to repay my friends, who enabled me to live.- Yona






Inability to overcome fear is human. - Yun






There is strength in words... Sometimes, they become words of power. I thought that if I said I'm fine, then I really would be fine. But it's no use... It doesn't work. - Ik-Su





Kindness is not a crime. But sometimes it awakens the weakness and greed in others. - Soo Won






When you protect someone you want to keep safe, do you always weigh your own life against theirs? - Hak






I can’t even remember the face of the man who meant so much to me – Shin Ah






Within my tiny world, I protected my tiny happiness. – Yona






Your hand was very warm. I don’t know what kind of curse you have, but if that was the hand of someone cursed, then I don’t care that you have a terrifying curse at all. - Yona to Shin-Ah

1 comment:

  1. Hello!

    We are Blogs Ng Pinoy, an online directory of blogs made by Pinoys worldwide. You registered with us before but somehow failed to link us back (or we can't seem to find our link anymore) here in your blog site. In this regard, we're writing to inform you that a new and simpler link badge is now available at BNP. You may use it to link us to your website/blog.

    (NOTE: Linking BNP was a requirement when you first registered with us, failure to do so may result to your blog being removed from the listings. If you've already linked BNP, please do inform us through our CONTACT US page.

    Best Regards,
    BNP
    blogsngpinoy.com

    ReplyDelete