Sunday, March 07, 2021

An Open Letter to my daughter on her 7th birthday


To the little girl who seven years ago changed my whole life and made me whole. Seven years ago today, you were born and made me Mom. The last 7 years have gone by fast and as much as I wish I could slow down time, I can’t, so I have no doubt that the next years will be gone in a flash as well. As you get older I’m sure we’ll clash (like we are now). But always remember that I will always be your biggest fan and I will always be proud of you. I will be your protector, friend and confidant.


You will meet many people throughout your life. Not every one of them will stay & others will become like family. But remember, if your so-called best friend says things about you behind your back, she is not your best friend. She never was. And never, ever let a boy make you cry. Know your worth & your value. There are plenty of fish in the sea, don’t waste your time on ones that can’t swim. (Don't be like Mommy!)


Be happy with who you are. Always love yourself & never let anything or anyone hold you back. You will learn that life can be crazy at times. Both good & bad. But you are a strong girl. You may face many challenges, use that strength to face it head on. Pick your battles carefully…some just aren’t worth the trouble. 


We are so incredibly proud of the little lady you’ve become. Without you, Aki wouldn't have a loving sister. Thank you for sharing everything you have with him and love him unselfishly.


Happy 7th Birthday Baby Girl. We love you truly, madly, deeply. And thank you for giving me the past seven years of utter love & happiness.


Love,

Your Monster Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment